Participants who register for this course have the option to attend the course live and/or watch the recorded sessions later. The recording will be available to all registrants for a 2-week period after the course/each session. This allows participants who may not be able to attend the live sessions to still benefit from the course content.
To facilitate attendance tracking, please indicate on your registration form if you won't be attending live.
- Did you know that 25 to 65% of pregnant people experience pelvic girdle pain?
- Did you know that almost 47% of postpartum clients experience urinary incontinence?
- Are you aware of the role we play in promoting exercise in the pregnant person?
- Are hormones really to blame for pelvic girdle pain?
- Do you want to treat the pregnant and postpartum population using best practice guidelines?
- Are you confident with getting your pregnant and postpartum clients back to doing the things they love to do?
Then this course is for you!
Upon completion of this course participants will:
- Have a basic understanding of reproductive anatomy, normal changes during pregnancy, and stages of parturition (childbirth)
- Confidently understand the benefits of exercise during pregnancy and what to consider when supporting this client through birth preparation
- Understand what are urgent maternal signs and/or high-risk pregnancies
- Understand birth trauma and its impact on client’s wellbeing
- Learn considerations for working with clients who are postpartum including brief specifics about the fourth trimester, cesarian deliveries, and diastasis recti
- Develop non-internal skills to work with a postpartum population and understand return to exercise guidelines
- Have an understanding of incontinence and learn best practice for management and when to refer to a pelvic health practitioner
- Have an understanding of pregnancy-related pelvic girdle pain and current best care clinical guidelines
- Understand when to refer to a specially trained physiotherapist who practices internal techniques
Audience: This course is open to all healthcare and wellness professionals.
Date/Time: April 21, 2024, from 10:30am-6:30 pm ET (Toronto). Please convert to your local time zone.
Live attendance is not mandatory for this online course. Enjoy a 2-week window to access and review the course recording, which is sent out on the next business day. We understand that life can be busy, which is why we offer you the freedom to access the course recording(s) during the time-limited viewing period.