This course offering will be recorded and all registrants will receive a link to access the course recording for a 2-week period following each session. Please mark on your registration form if you will not be attending live (and watching the recording instead) for attendance-taking purposes.
Join Teresa Waser for this live, interactive and practical course that will help widen the lens beyond the pelvis and further empower you in helping those with pelvic health and musculoskeletal concerns. Challenge your beliefs about exercise for those with leaking, prolapse, diastasis, and pain. Walk away with a series of exercise progressions and modifications that you can begin implementing with your clients immediately. This course will give you the tools to provide exercise beyond the pelvis for everyone – from the serious athlete to the everyday person!
- Take away a series of exercise progressions that you can immediately implement with your clients including squat, hip hinge, push, pull, and impact progressions regardless of current level of activity
- Understand how to teach and easily modify these exercises to match the abilities, needs and goals of the person in front of you
- Establish key elements we can vary to successfully and confidently apply exercise and movement to the everyday person
- Challenge ourselves to move exercise for pelvic health concerns beyond isolated pelvic floor strengthening and look beyond the pelvis
- Discover how can we match exercise to the intended target(s) AND to the individual in front of us
- Learn to widen the lens of exercise prescription to consider interrelated targets beyond the tissue level
- Challenge your beliefs on exercise and movement: what it might look like, who it is for, and how it can serve us
- Reconceptualize movement as a truly biopsychosocial intervention
Audience: Physical therapists, Occupational therapists, and other healthcare professionals including fitness professionals with a special interest in pelvic health are also welcome.
Prerequisites: None – just an open mind!
Date/Time: October 29-30, 2022 from 1:00-5:00pm ET (Toronto). Please convert to your local time zone.
Teresa Waser is a passionate educator driven to help healthcare and fitness professionals reignite their curiosity, challenge what they believe, and strive towards a truly biopsychosocial approach. She has special interests in strength and conditioning, particularly in older adults and those with pelvic health concerns, diastasis recti, pain, and health across the lifespan. She developed TIIPPSS-FC, a framework to facilitate change in the way that we help people with pain, pelvic health issues, and performance. She is experienced in teaching her own content, providing mentorship, and has worked alongside Antony Lo, assisting in course development and co-teaching on several of his courses, along with their joint course, Reframing Resistance Training Across the Lifespan. Teresa is a pelvic health and orthopaedic physiotherapist who completed her MScPT from the University of Alberta in 2006. She also owns RX Physiotherapy, a non-traditional clinic based out of a CrossFit gym in Leduc, Canada, where she blends her experiences as physio, coach, and educator to empower people of all ages to achieve their goals in athletics and life. She has coached running, as well as CrossFit for kids through to older adults. She is a mother of 3 (including twins) and loves lifting heavy and running trails.